The iconic 1977 Pink Floyd album has been remixed for the first time by James Guthrie.
Animals is a concept album, focusing on the social-political conditions of mid-1970s Britain, and was a change from the style of the band’s earlier work. The album was developed from a collection of unrelated songs into a concept which describes the apparent social and moral decay of society, likening the human condition to that of animals. Taking inspiration from George Orwell’s Animal Farm, the album depicts the different classes of people as animals with pigs being at the top of the social chain, dropping down to the sheep as the mindless herd following what they are told, with dogs as the business bosses getting fat on the money and power they hold over the other. Although it’s been a long time since 1977, the narrative of the album still resonates today as our social and economic situation mirrors that of the time.
- Deluxe Limited Edition 4 Disc Set
- 180g Vinyl LP: 2018 Remix by James Guthrie, Mastered by James Guthrie, Joel Plante & Bernie Grundman
- CD: 2018 Remix by James Guthrie
- DVD Audio Disc: 2018 Remix by James Guthrie – 5.1 Surround Mix (Dolby Digital @ 640 kbps, 448kbps), Stereo (LPCM 24-bit/48 kHz Uncompressed); 1977 Original Stereo Mix by Brian Humphries – (24-bit/48 kHz Uncompressed)
- Blu-Ray Audio Disc: 2018 Remix by James Guthrie – Stereo: 24-bit/192kHz Uncompressed, dts-HD MA; 2018 Remix by James Guthrie – 5.1 Surround: 24-bit/96kHz Uncompressed, dts-HD MA; 1977 Original Stereo Mix by Brian Humphries: 24-bit/192kHz Uncompressed, dts-HD MA
- 32-Page Booklet
- Hardcover Book Style Cover